At Diamond Mattress, we are committed to providing the highest quality products that have gone through extensive testing and inspection in order to ensure that you receive a healthful night’s sleep. Diamond’s committment to quality and comfort has led us to offer industry leading warranties on all mattresses and foundations.
What to Expect
- Adjustment Period: As with a new pair of shoes, after so many uncomfortable years on your old bed it may take time for your body to get accustomed to your new mattress. This period of adjustment varies, from as brief as one week, but normally takes 2 to 4 weeks to get fully used to your new mattress as your muscles and joints recondition themselves.
- Body Impressions: The comfort layers of a mattress naturally conforms to your body and often results in impressions. These body impressions are normal and therefore do not mean the mattress is defective.
*To prevent excess body impressions you must rotate your mattress – whether it is “one-sided” or “two-sided."
||A “body impression” occurs when the comfort layers of a mattress naturally settle and conform to an individual unique body.
||“Sagging” is often caused by an improper foundation or frame.
The Proper Frame
A stable, supportive frame is necessary in the prevention of sagging. To comply with the warranty queen and king size mattresses must be on a frame that has solid center support. The queen must have at least one center leg, and the king must have at least two legs to ensure proper bed support. Make sure that all legs are level.
|Queen frame with one leg center support.
||King frame with two legs on center support.
||A hardwood frame should have a minimum of 5 cross slats and a center leg for center support.
Warranty Guidelines & Coverage Details
- Replacement of one piece of your mattress does not mean the other piece will be automatically replaced.
- Prior approval must be received before returning your product to a Diamond Mattress dealer or factory.
- All transportation costs must be paid by the purchaser of the mattress and/or foundation
- In the event the original store of purchase is no longer in business Diamond Mattress will try to find an alternative to help as a courtesy, but this is not a guarantee.
Warranty Coverage Details
- The warranty is effective whether the mattress is purchased with matching foundation, or either mattress or foundation is purchased separately. However, use of an improper foundation may cause damage to the mattress and voids this warranty.
- Diamond Mattress maintains sole discretion regarding the repair or replacement of products. Your product will be repaired or replaced without charge according to the terms set forth in this warranty, should the defect be due to faulty workmanship or structural defects. Charges will be applied for items not covered by the warranty, such as the mattress fabric and handles.
- This warranty is valid only for the original purchaser, and valid only for residential use. Contract and commercial usages are not covered by this warranty.
What is Covered Under the Warranty
Manufacturing defects related to component materials or construction “defects”:
- There are 3 levels of coverage that varies depending on the model purchased:
1. Standard: 20 Year Limited Non-Prorated, body impressions greater than 1-1/2 inches
2. Direct Contact: 20 Year Limited Non-Prorated, body impressions greater than ¾” (.75”)
3. Direct Contact GEL: 25 Year Limited Non-Prorated, body impressions greater than ¾” (.75”)
- Coils or wires that are loose or protruding through the fabric
- Splitting wood, loose or sagging beams
- Wood or metal protruding through the fabric
What is Not Covered Under the Warranty
This warranty does not cover claims resulting from:
- Normal Body Impressions (1-1/2“ or less for standard mattresses or .75” or less for Direct Contact mattresses with DC warranty Code. See warranty for details.).
- Damage due to soiling, stains, burns, or unsanitary condition.
- Comfort level / preference of firmness.
- Structural damage caused by an incorrect bed frame.
- Damage due to an incorrect or old foundation.
- Damage due to improper care of your mattress and misuse (see Mattress Guide for details.).
- Clearance bedding, “as is” bedding, or floor models.
- Damage or bending of border rods or the spring unit, which is cause by improper handling.
- Bed handles and Cover fabrics.
How to Make a Claim
There are a few simple steps to quickly make a claim and resolve any issue that arises and is covered under the 20 Year Limited Warranty.
- Step 1: Fill out the Warranty Claim Form and submit the completed form, along with pictures of your mattress and/or foundation, to the Warranty Department by sending an email to email@example.com or mail the completed form to:
Attn: Warranty Department
3112 East Las Hermanas St.
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90221
- Step 2: You will be contacted by a representative from the Warranty Department within 48 hours after your Warranty Claim Form is received.
If you have questions our warranty department can be reached from 9:00AM to 4:00PM PST at (310) 747-1136.